The Alpha will keep you secure while leaving you free to flow through your environment effortlessly. The minimalist nature of Earth Runners sandals offers a gentle reminder to yourself–and others–of the oneness you share with the Earth.
Weight: 3.8 oz (single sandal, men's 9 / women's 11)
Thickness: 11mm = 9mm base + 2mm tread
Sole: Vibram® Morflex Outsole
Footbed: Earth Grip
- Moisture-wicking Canvas
- GOTS (Organic) Certified Small Batch Dye
Laces: Grounded Conductive Lifestyle Laces™
Two different lifestyle lace constructions available:
1. Ergonomic Lifestyle Laces
- 9/16” Double Tubular Webbing™
- Earthing Plug & single Conductive Stainless Steel (SS) Thread
- Colors: Cloud (Single SS), Canyon Clay (Double SS), Sunset (Single SS), Carbon (Single SS)
2. Classic Lifestyle Laces
- 5/8” or 1/2" Mil-Spec Reinforced Two-Ply Webbing
- Earthing Plug & Conductive Stainless Steel Thread
- Colors: Charcoal, Grey, Tribal
Your order will ship out via USPS within 3-7 business days of receiving it. All orders placed by Monday 8am Pacific will be shipped Thursday. Orders placed by Thursday at 8am Pacific will ship Monday. Any changes to your order must be requested within 48 hours of placing your order.
All sandals are made to order in our Sonoma County workshop. *Please note we cannot guarantee changes made to your order 24 hours after it has been placed*
- First Class Mail cost $3-5 and takes 3-5 days for delivery from ship date.
- Priority Mail (flat rate) cost ~$7 and takes 2-3 days for delivery from ship date.
- Priority Mail Express (flat rate) cost $22.38 and takes 1-2 days for delivery from ship date.
We ship worldwide with Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) shipping options to help avoid unpredictable customs fees and shipping delays. Shipped via FedEx, DHL & postal mail, taxes & duties included. Learn more here.
- DDP Priority: average 9-14 day transit time.
- DDP Express: average 7-10 day transit time.
- DDP ePacket (Canada only): average 9-12 day transit time.
*shipping costs are estimated based on the weight of 1-3 items
Who is the ideal candidate for the Alpha Earth Runners?
The thicker cushion sole of the Alpha is great for those new to minimal footwear or for those looking to rack up a lot of miles or carry a heavier load. The Alpha's thicker sole provides more shock absorption, and is ideal for running on hard pavement.
How do I decide between the Alpha Lifestyle Sandals or Alpha Adventure Sandals?
The only difference between these two Alpha models are the lace, with the performance laced (adventure) sandals costing $5 more than the lifestyle laced edition. The lifestyle laces offer slightly more comfort while the performance (adventure) lace is more burly & secure. They come in different color schemes which may be a deciding factor.
Can these be used for trail running?
Yes, the Alpha is great for most trails.
Is the Earth-Grip footbed Organic?
The footbed is dyed in small batches using GOTS certified organic dye in Los Angeles California. The fabric itself is not certified organic. The farmers in India who grow our cotton use traditional practices that have been in place for over 100 years--before non-organic fertilizers were introduced.
We laminate the Earth-Grip footbed to the Vibram® outsole using solvent free thermal adhesive.
Earth Runners are inspired by ancient huarache running sandals. We are grateful to the Tarahumara for originating this design and feel fortunate to have the ability to give back and honor the creators of the huarache running sandal.
We donate 1% of all sales to True Messages, a non-profit focused on honoring the running heritage that remains so important to the Rarámuri culture. True Messages listens to the input of the local National community to determine where to allocate resources which includes sponsoring races, trail projects, and initiatives to support the youth of the community.
Thank you for helping us support the Tarahumara!